South Fayette Township Public Works is essential to the maintenance of parks, roads (PDF), buildings and other township-owned property and facilities. The department is on call 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
The Public Works Department includes a management team consisting of a director, a superintendent, and a foreman. The full-time union workforce includes heavy equipment operators, mechanics, general laborers / truck drivers and parks maintenance laborers / truck drivers.
Wood Waste Recycling Center
Residents are welcome to drop off wood waste (limbs up to 4 inches in diameter) and help themselves to wood chips/mulch at the township's wood waste recycling/chipping site, along Ridge Road in Boys Home Park. Hours are dawn to dusk.
Please follow these guidelines for dropping off wood waste:
- No plastic bags
- No grass clippings
- No trees/branches larger than 4 inches in diameter
- No tinsel or decorations on Christmas trees
- No tree stumps
Responsibilities and activities of the Public Works Department include, but are not limited to:
- Snow maintenance, such as plowing and salting
- Grass mowing and trimming
- Road improvements and pothole repair
- Storm sewer maintenance
- Park upkeep
- Street sweeping
- Wood chipping
- Debris cleanup
- Sign installation
- Utility line marking
- Building and facility maintenance
- Use and monitoring of herbicides and pesticides (appropriate employees are certified)